Day Breaks Glass Studio
Stained Glass and Mosaic Art Studio, Workshop Space, Supply Shop in Bethel, Vermont
Workshops and Events
We offer a variety of Stained Glass & Mosaic Art Workshops, Private Parties, children's workshops and a Guest Instructor Series in various handcrafts.
- Fri, Jun 02Day Breaks Glass StudioIn this workshop, Andre will introduce the art of kohlrosing and students will practice on prepared birch wood, laying out a simple design with pencil and ruler, incising the design on the wood with knives, and burnishing in the powder and oil to leave behind a lovely design.
- Sat, Jun 03Day Breaks Glass StudioJoin me for a one day introduction to the copper foil method of stained glass. No experience necessary. Leave with a stained glass sun catcher to hang in your window! All materials and patterns are provided This course is for adults 18+ and due to the use of lead please do not sign up if pregnant
- Sat, Jun 03Day Breaks Glass StudioJoin us for a casual evening of art, create a mosaic, and celebrate the full Moon. June's Full Moon is the Strawberry Moon". This is a 2 part process. You can come in for a later grouting session or I can grout your project for a later pick up.
- Fri, Jun 09Day Breaks Glass StudioCome work on your stained glass or mosaic art. Use our tools and space, bring or buy your own supplies. Must have experience. No instruction. Just making! (If you've already arranged grouting a mosaic art piece from a Full Moon or other workshop here no need to pre-register.)
- Fri, Jun 09Day Breaks Glass StudioDo you have mosaic work to grout? Want to learn to grout? Have a mosaic idea in mind and need a place to work? This is a grouting/ mosaic work lab night. (If you've already arranged grouting a mosaic art piece from a Full Moon or other workshop here no need to pre-register.)
- Sat, Jun 10Day Breaks Glass StudioCreate a stained glass window using the Tiffany Copper Foil method in these 2 sessions. Beginners, come learn the tools of the trade and build your own simple window panel to take home June 10 &11, 10-3pm
- Tue, Jun 20Bethel Recreation CenterJoin us for a 6-week series of art and play at the Bethel Rec Center this Summer. Every Tuesday, we will make mosaic art projects from stepping stones to flower pots and enjoy visits from Community Guests, and visit the Community Garden. Aimed at kids 4-6 yrs of age.
- Wed, Jun 21Day Breaks Glass StudioMosaic Art for Kids 6-12. We will study a different Mosaic technique through hands on creation of mosaic art. Use discount code SIBLING for a discount for more than one child per family.
- Sat, Jun 24Day Breaks Glass StudioCreate a house plant or succulent in Stained Glass and "plant" it into a lovely repurposed planter of your choice! Great basic stained glass project to enhance your skills or jump start. No experience necessary! Taught by Guest Instructor Allyson Biondo, of Rain Rose Glass.
- Fri, Jul 07Day Breaks Glass StudioJoin us for a casual evening of art, create a small mosaic, and celebrate the full Moon. July's Full Moon is the Buck Moon". This is a 2 part process. You can come in for a later grouting session or I can grout your project for a later pick up.
- Sat, Jul 08Day Breaks Glass StudioGuest Instructor Andre Souligny will teach a one day Green Wood Spoon Making workshop at Day Breaks Glass Studio. All instruction, Materials and tools are provided.
- Sat, Jul 08Day Breaks Glass StudioJoin us for an evening of stained glass jewelry making with Vermont based artist Allyson Biondo. Learn her signature style of earrings using a large selection of colorful stained glass scrap and wire work. We will learn to cut shapes in glass and solder them into wearable art!
- Sun, Jul 09Day Breaks Glass StudioJoin me for a one day introduction to the copper foil method of stained glass. No experience necessary. Leave with a stained glass sun catcher to hang in your window! All materials and patterns are provided This course is for adults 18+ and due to the use of lead please do not sign up if pregnant
- Sat, Jul 15BethelThis is a great introduction to the extraordinary qualities of the black ash tree. Weave a square to round basket, approximately 6”x 6”. Materials fee of $40 to be paid to instructor day of class.
- Fri, Oct 06BethelWe are thrilled to host Guest Instructor, Donna Van Hooser of SunDog Mosaics to teach her 3-day Workshop, Mixed Media Color Freedom This workshop includes all instruction and materials.
We Offer Private Parties in Mosaic Art And Stained Glass Techniques for parties of 4 to 8 people.
to register for a class using a check, cash or physical giftcard, call or email and we will get you set up. We must have payment to hold your spot in class. Thanks much!
All courses must be prepaid in advance of the start of the course. Refunds or class credits are given up until 3 days prior to a course’s beginning, to allow time for filling your space. We will not be able to prorate a course’s cost for missed sessions. A full refund or credit will be offered in the event of cancellation of a course due to low enrollment or instructor illness.